2012年8月23日星期四

Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger: Engagement inspires some seriously good comedy


I’m not the only one who actually yelled “What? The Mayans were right!” at my TV when I heard Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger are planning to CanCon it to the altar after just six months of dating.



According to HELLO! Canada Magazine, which has the couple on the cover this week, Lavigne and Kroeger had a bit of trouble coming up with exciting quotes about their romance. “He takes care of me in every way,” Lavigne said, while Kroeger was all, “I feel like the luckiest person alive.”

The Nickelback front man told the magazine they fell in love while working together in Paris.

“I knew I was falling for her. It was incredibly powerful and something I’ll never forget,” Kroeger said.




The pair is pictured on the September cover of the mag, both sporting the rocker black T-shirt uniform, with Lavigne flashing her 14-carat pear-shaped diamond engagement ring.

Alison Eastwood, who’s the editor-in-chief of HELLO!, tells the Canadian Press that Kroeger proposed by scrapbook. Apparently Lavigne was scrapbooking, which I didn’t know is actually something people do outside of Tori Spelling craft shows, and Kroeger surreptitiously inserted an extra page with the words, “Will you marry me?” Eastwood also says that, of the two, he was the one who “sounded more romantic.”

Twitter went crazy with some seriously good comedy from celebs and non-celebs alike. Here are some of the best lines about, shudder, #chavril. The joyous event really has inspired an unprecedented outpouring of heartwarming vitriol.

@adamlevine Just to clear up the confusion, I am NOT engaged to Chad Kroeger of Nickleback.

@michaelianblack People forget that Avril and Chad Kroeger are both Canadian so they HAVE to get married. It’s also why Justin Bieber is going to marry Rush.

@morgan_murphy Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger have requested that in lieu of wedding gifts, everyone stop laughing uncontrollably at them.

@JonCranny Let’s hope that Avril Lavigne is to Nickleback what Yoko Ono was to the Beatles #chavril

没有评论:

发表评论